The West African Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP), funded by the European Union, aims to strengthen the competitiveness of the West Africa region and enhance the integration of ECOWAS and UEMOA Member States into the regional and international trading system.
Alongside the ECOWAS and UEMOA Commissions, the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) are the implementing agencies of the regional component of the WACOMP programme.
The WACOMP seeks to increase regional integration amongst the 15 ECOWAS countries as well as Mauritania by capitalizing on growth opportunities and strengthen product competitiveness in selected value chains:
- Textile and garments
- Mango and cassava
- Information and Communication Technology (IT or tech sector)
About the Event
The call for application of this event is geared towards match matching organization of two major Business-to-Business (B2B) events, named West Africa Connect (www.westafricaconnect.com). The specific objective of these West Africa Connect events is to establish improved regional linkages amongst the key actors in selected value chains.
The two West Africa Connect events organized in the context of WACOMP aim at facilitating linkages between sellers (normally SMEs) from the selected value chains across the ECOWAS region with major buyers from within the region and multinational companies.
The West Africa Connect event will bring together the main players of the value chain in the selected sector.
The event will include:
- Participation of selected suppliers from 16 countries
- Participation of selected buyers from Africa, Europe and North America
- Exhibitors’ digital profiles
- Insights in valuable information with buyer’s profiles
- B2B meetings between selected suitable partners
- Conferences and e-learning sessions
- Regional and International guest speakers, offering master classes
Format of Submission
The format and content of the Expression of Interest shall align with the structure and content provided below.
Your Expression of interest should include the following information:
- Introduction and company details
- Experience, including relevant events, carried out
- Proposed plan (approach) and methodology for future events
- Motivation and commitment
- The proposed team, including CV’s
The deadline for the submission of the Expression of Interest is 2 June 2021. Please submit your Expression of Interest in either French or English by email to email@example.com, with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy.
If you any have questions or want to report a problem, please contact: email@example.com
In case you need more information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.