This call for applications is addressed to SMEs operating in the mango and cassava value chains. The West African Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP), funded by the European Union, aims to strengthen the competitiveness of the West Africa region and enhance integration of ECOWAS and UEMOA Member States into the regional and international trading system.
Led by the ECOWAS Commission with the support of the UEMOA Commission, the WACOMP is implemented with the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), which are the implementing agencies of the regional component of the WACOMP.
Through the WEST AFRICA CONNECT 2022, the WACOMP seeks to increase regional integration amongst the 15 ECOWAS countries as well as Mauritania by capitalizing on growth opportunities and strengthen product competitiveness in selected value chains:
- The Information and Communication Technology (IT or tech sector)
Benefits for your company
By applying to this call, you will have access to:
1. Diagnostic of your export potential
2. Online and/or offline training on export promotion and the development of business plans
3. Online and/or offline training on trade fair/B2B events preparation
4. Online and/or offline training on the use of West Africa Connect website and the matchmaking tool
5. Visibility for your company across the ECOWAS market and abroad
6. Support to attend the WEST AFRICA CONNECT 2022: a regional B2B networking event with regional and
international buyers that will tentatively take place on 20-21 September 2022 in one of the 15 ECOWAS
Member States and will focus on mango/cassava and ICT sectors.
Your company must be:
- Headquartered and registered in one of the ECOWAS/UEMOA countries or Mauritania
A producer, processor, trader, distributor and/or exporter within the mango and/or cassava (and its derivatives) sectors. Export ready companies that have already experience in working with clients outside their own country are warmly encouraged to participate. Applications from youth-owned/led and women-owned/led companies are also highly encouraged.
Companies that provide incorrect information in this call for applications might be excluded from the selection process.
The submitted information will be assessed by the WACOMP team and experts.
The deadline for applications is Saturday 30th April 2022 at midnight GMT.
to apply, please complete the questionnaire below:
– English: https://forms.gle/huNxKnMaHNV1XMZv8
– French: https://forms.gle/BRD7udyPdwMMiLRbA
If you have questions or want to report problems with the questionnaire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .