ITC’s SME Trade Academy offers a series of online courses and access to educational material on a range of trade-related topics. The e-learning platform provides access to pragmatic, topical online courses and learning material in support of skills development for staff of trade support institutions, enterprises – particularly SMEs – and trade policy specialists.
Under the West Africa Competitiveness Programm (WACOMP) a range of courses specifically targeted to Business Support Organisations (BSOs) and their staff have been curated. Each course includes lectures for knowledge and understanding, case study exercises for analysis and application, as well as forum tasks, readiness assessments, assignments, and course evaluations for synthesis and evaluation. The courses on offer each take around four hours of study, which can be completed within a two-week period from the starting date of the course.
Course Description: This course details the client management process for Trade and Investment Support Institutions (TISIs). Placing particular emphasis on the role of TISI Client Managers, the creation of an Export Support Plan, and management and review activities, the course focuses on providing concrete solutions to assist TISIs in implementing effective client management as a part of their client relations activities.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Grasp the importance of client management for TISIs;
- Understand the role of TISI Client Managers in the client management process;
- Link the 5 stages of the client management process with specific actions to be performed; and
- Assess the appropriate review and remedial activities to implement.
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Client Management for TISIs
- Lecture 2: Client Managers and the Client Management Process
- Lecture 3: The Five Stages of the Client Management Process
- Lecture 4: The Management and Review of Client Management
- Case Study 1: Case Studies serve as the assessment for this lecture
Participation in these courses is free of charge, with no limitation on the number of participants. To enroll in a course, simply click on the link of the course(s) in which you wish to participate in. You will then be directed to the SME Traded Academy platform and from here, you will simply need to click on the Sign-Up button. Your name will be entered as a participant for the next edition of that course, whose start date is displayed on the Course Start Page. You will receive a reminder e-mail three days before the start of the course.
For any questions please contact Ms. Miyoba Lubemba (email@example.com) and Ms. Lucie Debornes (firstname.lastname@example.org).