ITC’s SME Trade Academy offers a series of online courses and access to educational material on a range of trade-related topics. The e-learning platform provides access to pragmatic, topical online courses and learning material in support of skills development for staff of trade support institutions, enterprises – particularly SMEs – and trade policy specialists.
Under the West Africa Competitiveness Programm (WACOMP) a range of courses specifically targeted to Business Support Organisations (BSOs) and their staff have been curated. Each course includes lectures for knowledge and understanding, case study exercises for analysis and application, as well as forum tasks, readiness assessments, assignments, and course evaluations for synthesis and evaluation. The courses on offer each take around four hours of study, which can be completed within a two-week period from the starting date of the course.
Course Description: This course showcases the challenges and opportunities for organizations to successfully implementing a digital transformation enabled by new information and communication technology (ICT), such as cloud computing, connectivity, and mobility. Following a “lean” digital transformation methodology, it introduces three main methods to assist organizations in designing a digital transformation roadmap. A Community of Practice (CoP) is made available to participants at the end of the course in order to help them and their organizations successfully sustain and navigate their digital transformation processes.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Conduct a readiness self-assessment to evaluate their organization’s readiness to begin a digital transformation;
- Use basic Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) and create simple models to gain an overall perspective of their organization’s work processes;
- Use the Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) to design a digital transformation strategy, and
- Create an Organizational Network Analysis (ONA) graph and use it to monitor their digital transformation.
- Lecture 1: Starting the Journey of Lean Digital Transformation
- Lecture 2: Understanding your Digital Transformation
- Lecture 3: Measuring your Digital Transformation
- Lecture 4: Innovation Capability and the Community of Practice
- Case Study Exercise
To sign up for this course, click on the link below
https://learning.intracen.org/course/info.php?id=228 or click Sign up for this course by clicking here
Participation in these courses is free of charge, with no limitation on the number of participants. To enroll in a course, simply click on the link of the course(s) in which you wish to participate in. You will then be directed to the SME Traded Academy platform and from here, you will simply need to click on the Sign-Up button. Your name will be entered as a participant for the next edition of that course, whose start date is displayed on the Course Start Page. You will receive a reminder e-mail three days before the start of the course.
For any questions please contact Ms. Miyoba Lubemba (email@example.com) and Ms. Lucie Debornes (firstname.lastname@example.org).